Fibre Fence is the line of fences and gates for the airport sector designed and manufactured by Fibre Net Spa that, thanks to the distinctive radio-transparence and frangibility of FRP (Fiber Reinforced Polymer), unlike traditional materials, guarantees the absence of interference with ILS and Radar devices and limits damage in the event of aircraft impact, greatly improving flight safety.
Fibre Net Spa was founded 2000 in the north-east of Italy, soon becoming a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of ground-breaking FRP (Fiber Reinforced Polymer) composite products, mainly used in the construction, building consolidation, energy, transport and industry sectors.
Taking advantage of this extensive experience and knowledge, we developed FibreFENCE, an innovative range of fencing systems and gates to meet the most challenging airport needs, especially in terms of FRANGIBILITY and RADIO-TRANSPARENCY, combined with high mechanical, chemical, UV-rays resistance, and, last but not least, significnt running and maintenance cost cutting.
We collaborate closely with technicians, advisors and engineers to design the most efficient and cost-effective solutions in compliance with international and local regulations, and we are able to provide prompt and skilled support, from project assessment, design, dimensioning, structural & wind load verification, certifications and installation support.
Our fences have been supplied all over the world, to protect either civil airport and military premises, from Canada to French Polynesia, from Argentina to Russia, from small countryside airfields to huge international hubs, coping with the most challenging needs and environmental conditions.
Products & Services
FibreFENCE fencing systems are designed and built to face common airfield protection and security needs, where frangibility and/or radio-transparency issues are paramount. Fences are available in three different designs to cope with the most common specifications, but all systems are totally customizable according to the designer’s specifications and local authorities’ requirements. Gates are also available either in frangible and/radio-transparent design, but they are also available to cope with fire-fighting brigade crash gate requirements.
FibreFENCE fencing systems and Gates:
- Frangibility in compliance to ICAO “Aerodrome Design Manual”
- Standards Certified Radio-Transparency: no interference with electronic control systems
- High chemical and mechanical resistance
- Electrical insulation and a-magneticity
- No visual interference for the security personnel supervising
- Excellent resistance to weather corrosion, heat/cold cycles, and UV rays
- Simple installation
- No maintenance needed, even in the long term
- Compatibility with most forms of access control
- Low-cost when compared with other radio-transparent fencing solutions
- High flexibility in compliance with specific requirements from different customers
- South America
- UNI EN ISO 9001-2015 – Quality
- FRP14001 CSI-CERT – FPR Recyclability
- MIL-STD-285: 1956-06 – Radio-Transparency
- UNI EN ISO 9142-04 – Ageing Test
- ASTM G 154-06 – Artificial Weathering
- UNI EN13241-1:2004 Gates wind load
Top 10 Airports served by the company
Hong Kong international airport – China
Aéroport Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle - France
Aeropuerto Internacional Ministro Pistarini Buenos Aires- Argentina
YYC Calgary International Airport - Canada
Manchester International Airport - UK
Orio al Serio International Airport - Italy
Aéroport Paris Le Bourget - France
Sofia Airport - Bulgaria
Kazan International Airport - Russia