2nd Aviation Sustainability Summit (20 May 2021)
Don’t miss this important event promoted by ACI Europe, with speakers and experts from all over the world!
Sustainable development seeks to secure the well-being of present and future generations by striving for a balance among social, economic and environmental objectives. The three pillars of sustainable development are especially relevant to the international aviation sector that, by offering a safe and efficient means of mass transportation, is universally recognized as an essential component of the global economy and universal social progress.
The Aviation Sustainability Summit will contribute to the recovery of the aviation industry by promoting sustainable development and connecting airlines and airports with manufacturers to accelerate business opportunities.
14:30 SETTING THE SCENE
- Olivier Jankovec, Director General, ACI EUROPE
14:45 KEYNOTE ADDRESS
- Jonas Abrahamsson, CEO, Swedavia
Ten years later – net zero emissions for Swedavia’s own airport operations
15:00 PANEL 1: REALISING DESTINATION 2050
The key industry players assemble – how will they chart the next steps?
Moderator: Panagiotis Karamanos, Senior Advisor Airport Carbon Accreditation
- Marco Troncone, CEO, Aeroporti di Roma
- Amélie Lummaux, Head of Sustainability, Groupe ADP
- Marc Hamy, Vice-President Corporate Affairs, Sustainability and Environment, Airbus
- Christina Foerster, Member of the Executive Board, Chief Customer Officer, Lufthansa (invited)
- Florian Guillermet, Executive Director, SESAR JU
15:55 PANEL 2: POLICY AND FINANCIAL FRAMEWORKS
Moderator: Andrew Charlton, Managing Director, Aviation Advocacy Dalton Philips, daa, CEO
- Damien Meadows, Acting Head of Unit B.3, and Advisor on Legal and Inter-institutional Affairs, Directorate for European and International Carbon Markets, DG CLIMA, European Commission
- Andrew Murphy, Director, Aviation, Transport & Environment David Stanton, Managing Director & Co Head, Ontario Airports Investments Ltd
16:35 PANEL 3: BEYOND CARBON
A sustainability 360° masterclass as we examine the bigger picture beyond decarbonisation
Moderator: Marina Bylinsky, Head of Sustainability, ACI EUROPE
- Jost Lammers, ACI EUROPE President & Munich Airport CEO
- José Antonio Canle, Head of Infrastructure Business, South Europe, Middle East and Africa, KONE
- María C Casero, International Asset Management Director, People & Communication Director, Ferrovial Airports International SE
- Thomas McHugh, Director of Public Affairs, Cork Chamber
- Savvas Perdios, Deputy Minister for Tourism of Cyprus
17:15 CLOSING REMARKS
Diederick Samsom, Head of Cabinet, Cabinet of Vice-President of the European Commission Frans Timmermans (invited)
For registration, click here